T-Rex, Disney Springs, Orlando

We had expected to wait for a table because we turned up without booking and it was fairly busy in the waiting area but we were given a ticket and told our table would be ready in 15 minutes.

We ran to the Disney shop to find a dog toy and got back to the restaurant in time to be seated.

The restaurant is split into areas with tables in each area. We were sat in the fire area. We were near the kitchen which is designed to look like it is on fire and we were surrounded by dinosaurs. The ceiling above us was made to look like the sky.

Every so often the restaurant would go dark and we would see projections of asteroids on the ceiling while all the dinosaurs moved and made noises.

We ordered our food then went to explore the other areas of the restaurant. We especially liked the colour changing ice cave which reminded us of the igloos we saw in Lapland.

We also liked the water area with fish tanks around and large sea creatures on the ceiling.

The food was nice. I wish I could say it was amazing but for the price I would expect better. I guess you are paying for the environment. I had the mushroom ravioli which was actually a welcome change to the usual vegetarian option of a burger so I was pleased. My daughter wasn’t keen on her vegetable pasta, she said it was bland. My son liked his cheeseburger. There were no fries on offer but we couldn’t work out if they had run out or if that was the norm. The strawberry lemonade was delicious!

We had a great meal at T-Rex, purely for the novelty factor of eating amongst the dinosaurs!

Taking a child with an ASD to T-Rex?

Every now and again the restaurant darkens and there is an asteroid storm. The dinosaurs become quite loud and move more than usual.

There is a lot going on and a lot to look at.

The restaurant is very large and can get busy.

My son seemed to cope for most the meal, he got pretty stressed with the kids menu choices and was a bit on edge. Straight afterwards when we left he had a meltdown over something very small and I’m sure it is because he was overstimulated in the restaurant.

The car park is for the whole of Disney Springs and you need to walk to the restaurant. Disney Springs can feel quite crowded to walk through.

T-Rex is a dinosaur themed restaurant at Disney Springs, Orlando. You do not need a Disney ticket to visit Disney Springs.

Advertisements

19 Comments Add yours

1. What a fun restaurant! Actually very cool! Perhaps we would just have something to drink and then just look around because I can imagine the high price. And no fries with the hamburger???

2. Vlad Vaida says:

My cousin was just there and I’m so jealous!! Ahh looks like so much fun!

3. Laura Dove says:

My youngest is obsessed with dinosaurs, he would go crazy over this! it looks like such a great place to visit, shame it’s not in the UK!

4. ludbritt1591 says:

This sounds like an awesome place to visit. I can’t like until my little Violet is old enough to go to Disney. I can’t wait to take her. I love all things, Disney. lol

5. selda eigler says:

What a nice restaurant with a nice ambience. Not only for the kids but also for the parents. Very beautiful.

Liked by 1 person

6. Wow so much has gone into the design of this. It looks amazing there my children would love to go especially my son as he is dinosaur mad!!!!

7. Jen S says:

This looks like so much fun! Heck, I’d go there without kids just as an adult.

8. Jhilmil says:

Wow, my kid would love such DIno themes restaurants! Leave them, I know, I’ll go crazy all around! Loved it

9. Aditi says:

What an interior! I love Disney and have visited their parks in Tokyo multiple times, I’d love to visit this restaurant someday. 😀

1. Kids on Tour says:

I’d love to visit the Tokyo parks!

10. Yukti says:

Oh eating at dinosaur themed restaurant looks so fun, adventure and scary too. It is good they are having vegetarian options. Sea creatures on ceilings looks real and sometimes scary.

11. lastchance3 says:

Oooo! This is like a prehistoric rainforest cafe! I’d love to check this place out! It looks so fun!

12. kalliamanika says:

I love dinosaurs, I think they are beautiful! You guys look like you had tons of fun and the place looks wonderful!

13. alokrana88 says:

Who would care about the food when there is so much in a restaurant. I wish a place like this nearby my hometown.

14. toastycritic says:

It reminds me of the Rainforest Cafe out in California, only with dinosaurs. I am sure that my daughter would love it. Looks like a great time.

1. Kids on Tour says:

You are right! It is just like the rainforest cafe but with dinosaurs!

15. Seems like an amazing theme restaurant! Reminds me of rainforest cafe with dinos! I haven’t been to Orlando before but looks like you had a fun time with your family!

Liked by 1 person

16. Wow, looks that you had an awesome day there and it was fun, I should bring my kids there they enjoy this so much

17. Joanna says:

It looks like a brilliant themed restaurant but the food doesn’t really sound that exciting. The burger should have definitely come with fries and they should have let you know if they were finished, to choose something else maybe?